John Bagus Haig
3312 St. Philip Street, New Orleans, LA 70119
To use my creative, technical and leadership skills as well as my deep understanding of interactive and online media and advertising to acquire a position as an analyst or consultant at a promising enterprise.
· IBM WebSphere Application Server installation experience.
· 3 years experience as Technical Director, 10 years experience building web sites.
· Multi-tier J2EE application server installation, configuration and programming expertise.
· 15 years employment experience programming on Unix, Macintosh's and PC's.
· Advanced skills in Java, SQL, Perl, HTML, XML, CSS, JS, ASP/.Net, and Photoshop.
· Prestigious client list of over 45 web sites including Oxygen, Volvo, Kinko's, McDonald's, MCI, and Aetna.
· Outgoing, a self-starter, friendly, enthusiastic. Able to work independently and in group settings.
Independent Contracting, New Orleans, LA 2002-2004.
· Installed and configured multi-tier IBM WebSphere Portal and Commerce servers for the State of Louisiana.
· Maintained large volume dynamic e-commerce electronics store using Microsoft .Net technology.
· Currently developing a Yahoo store.
Oxygen Media, Inc, San Francisco, CA. 1999-2002
Director of Web Development. Directed technical development of ThriveOnline.com, winner of Webby Awards in Health in 2000 and 2001. Hired and directed seven-person technical development staff. Managed budgets and priorities, and contributed to annual strategic planning.
Bagus.org. San Francisco, CA and New Orleans, LA. Since 1997.
Executive Director and Programmer. Built java based dynamic publishing web server. Consulted and developed web sites for http://www.proxinet.com, http://www.rogerdean.com/, http://www.viewsllc.com and http://www.questus.com.
Organic Online, San Francisco, CA. 1994-1997.
Production Manager. Produced and managed highly technical web projects. Led meetings. Worked independently with clients, contractors, engineers, creative directors, and account managers. Wrote specifications, project plans, information architectures, requirements documents and many more internal documents.
US National Biological Survey, Washington, DC. 1991-1994
Biological Technician. Conducted 4 years of avian research on shore birds, wading birds and neotropical migrants. Managed field operations including personnel management, field logistics, and data collection. Performed advanced statistical analysis on data. Published research results in peer reviewed scientific journal.
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.1988
Coordinated requests for audiovisual equipment using Microsoft Excel. Video taped classes and events. Created reports and an employee manual.
University of Wisconsin - Madison 1989. B.S. in History of Science with a Life Science specialty.
University of Maryland - College Park, 1992-1993. Advanced studies in Biostatistics.
Sun Education Services – San Francisco. 2001. Java and ATG Dynamo training.
IBM Educational Services – Baton Rouge, 2003. WebSphere Portal STEW.